Saturday, December 21, 2013

KK Sabah Trip Day 2

Okay, it's time to blog about my Sabah trip, I know Day 1 is kinda boring right haha. So the next morning, we had our simple breakfast at the rooftop café of the hotel! omg, it's really good to have breakfast while enjoy the sea view from the café, although half of it was blocked by the fence, yet I was still be able to enjoy the view! hehe

KK Sabah Trip Day 2, 9th December 2013, Monday.



My all time favourite! Omelette!


selfie.... hehe



 
After having our breakfast, we headed to the first destination, Cultural Village!
 
Here we are!


Our tour guide, Mate. He really has the sense of humour.

The map of the village.

The entrance to the village :D

At the Dusun house. They are super good drinker! This is how they make their rice wine.

Entering the Dusun house


Group photo

One of the way they cook their food using bamboo! Well, Dusun houses are made of bamboo as well.


Then we went to Rungus house, it's a long house btw.
 
Beehive! Honey!

This is how they get their honey. Taste really natural no artificial flavor added of course!
 
inside the house, they demonstrated how to set fire using entirely dried bamboo! It was amazing for me, the city girl indeed.



Heading to Murut house! Well, Murut tribe is one of the tribe who cut people's head off in old days, not now. But they looked quite fierce to me. Be careful of the surprise welcome ceremony, although I didn't experience the extreme surprise but I really wanna try to be scared. LOL

Blow pipe is really fun. Murut used it for hunting or kill people.


Our leader! hehe Before entering the murut village, the group leader had to 'interact' with the murut leader, so that we could enter the village.





Lundayeh village. They are same as Murut tribe, cut people's head off during old days lah, not now anymore think so.

not lizard, but it's a crocodile.
 


Heading to Bajau house.





Found this hen in their kitchen.


After visiting all the houses, it's traditional dance performances time!


Right mine, left sista.



 
After the performance, we had our lunch there.
 
Sista and Mate.

 
Next destination...? No specific destination, merely city tour. lol
 




Enormous statue!




Me floating... wahaha More to come.. more to come, so stay tuned yea. lol


 
Yayasan Sabah!
 







My hair gonna be as epic as this photo in my coming floating photos. OMG looked gross, seriously. HAHAHA




Then we went to the observation tower. Well ,it was quite disappointing, because the sea view was blocked by all these buildings. :( too bad.









Happy girl with her ice cream. haha

 
After enjoying the view, we headed for Cocoa Boutique.


so-called DIY chocolate, cost RM10 for each set.
 
After that, we headed back to our hotel and took a rest. Then, we walked around the hotel area to look for some local cuisine for our dinner.

Wow, thick cloud huh








omg what's happening?

Kind-hearted police told us more about the city and the local restaurant. We had a great chattering moment with him.
 
But in the end, we had our dinner at the shopping mall opposite our hotel, the restaurant which we had our lunch in the first day.
 
After visiting the cultural village and looking around in the city, I had so much in my mind. It is so different from where I come from, the pace of the people there is slow and steady, yet maybe a lil unorganized. But still, I wish I can live like that too, because the quick pace in my city is really tiring and boring. I would rather living in a rural area than a fully developed one. KK isn't a rural area of course, it's still developing, however I hope it still be able to maintain the originality of itself, because it's what makes it special. :) It's great to visit Cultural Village, because I gain so much knowledge about another side of Malaysia!
 
Okay, that's all for day 2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Then, the next day we headed for Kundasang, where we could have a better view of Kota Kinabalu Mountain! So, stay tuned!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. May I know which travel agency or do u still their contact? Thx

    ReplyDelete