Monday, April 06, 2015

Crab Island (Pulau Ketam) 1DayTrip, but it went out of the plan.

Heyyo my imaginees! I am back to update about my unforgettable and fruitful trip to Crab Island (Pulau Ketam) It was an adventurous trip and filled with a lot of surprises. lol It was supposed to be a one day trip, but ended up something else. (keep reading til the end, then you will know.) And we survived!

Our plan was to have an one day tour in the island, so we took public transport to the jetty. From Bandar Tasik Selatan KTM station to Port Klang has total 22 or 23 stations. It took me approximately 2 hours to the jetty. HAHAHAHAHA From KL Sentral to Port Klang was one and a half hour journey. It was a super long long long journey, but yes again we survived! ;)

The KTM station in Port Klang, the jetty is just a stone's throw distance.

On the way to our ferry. 
At the ticket counter, we were told that the last ferry back to port was 5.30pm. That was the last ferry back to land, or else the next morning earliest was 7.45am.

Before boarding, let's take a selfie! 
(left to right, me, Jean, Natalie and Amanda)


On the way...

Mangroves yo!

After roughly 45 minutes of ferry ride, we were eventually here! yooooooosh!




See the crab? There was a lot of crabbies living there, well, ya'know it's Crab Island!


With Amanda

The clinic in the island

Fire station!


Then, we rented bicycles RM5 for whole day, from Sea Lion Hotel located nearby the jetty. A lot of shops provide this service as well! Then, Yay! Let's start the ride!

Stopped by somewhere in the island to take picha! haha





After an hour of riding, we opted for lunch at the restaurant. We had a high expectation for their seafood, but it didn't turn out well as we thought. *sigh*

"Baby" coconut, each RM5.50. Unbelievable price for a coconut.

Salted egg sotong which tasted sweet, yet not salty and there wasn't any taste of salted egg... Really disappointed on this dish.


Steamed "Baby" fish.

Lala 啦啦煎 
(not from the restaurant, but the stall nearby)

Oyster 蚝煎
(not from the restaurant, but the stall nearby)


Total bill. I was shocked, mostly because of those coconuts I guess.
Overall about the lunch was kinda disappointing at both, taste and price. lol

After waking up from my shock, Natalie wanted to buy some souvenirs (food) from a shop she visited before.

Spot someone please, hahahahaha



After buying some stuff, then continued our discovery in this island! ;)





Jean is behind acting emo. lol

Spot someone huh. haha




Perfect lighting for selfie! 


We've got a poser here.

Trying to pose like something, yeah, something.

#fail

Posers at work here. :P

Found a creepy wood here. :S I feel kinda disgusted, I'm sorry.

Again, posers at work.


Our poser. Miss Amanda.

Pathetic dead fish. RIP

Trying to be artistic here. hahaha



Bright pink house spotted! 


The heat was unbearable, I was kind of burning under the sun. Even my seat on my bicycle was burning as well. Hell yeah, don't leave your seat empty under the sun, just cover it with something or anything, or else your butt might need to suffer. lol

Then, we went to have some snow ice to cool down our body temperature, otherwise, we might hit the boiling point soon. hahaha

Passion Mango

Honey Dew, RM4 each
Too sweet, and those flavors... are kind of disgusting. lol 


The roads there are quite narrow, only for motorcycles and bicycles. So, you can opt for either one or walking. haha

Perfecto!

After having to cool down a bit, then we continued again, wandering around! Found a little cafe to chill again, probably favorite entertainment spot for the students there, as there are some schools nearby.

Met a cute and obedient doggie! He is so clever!!! Aaghhh, I was completely melted when he came to me. 

Yesh, next we went to see their schools!



Colourful houses!



Overall, the ride was nice, the town is so peaceful and quiet! ;) I like it pretty much! A lot of temples can be found in every corner in the island. hehe Only thing is the direct penetration of sunlight, alot of sunscreen is needed! I've got sunburn around my neck which is quite awkward. lol 

Okay, the climax's here now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (a lot of words, be prepared)
After wandering around the jetty side area, we crossed a bridge to another area of Crab Island. Our last ferry back to port was 5.30pm, so after we finished wandering, I thought we were about leave at 5.10pm. Then, Nat and Amanda went to another junction to continue their adventure.... Then, me and Jean opted for safer option, we went back to another end of the bridge to wait for them, I thought they might turn back since not seeing us behind...

After 5 minutes..... Then, 10 minutes... Okay shit. I called Natalie, then she told me they couldn't find their way out. fml now. Then, Jean went to look for them, luckily they found someone to bring them out of the maze. So then, we rushed to the jetty, cycled as fast as we could. I simply threw my bicycle to the hotel, then ran to the jetty hopefully the ferry hadn't leave yet.

On the way to jetty, someone cycled passed by me and told me. "Need not to run anymore, the ferry is leaving now" I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFF, I wanna go home!

Then, four of us were sitting hopelessly and helplessly at the jetty, hopefully there would be any boat to port... I can never forget that moment, that feeling. When I called my mom to tell her I couldn't make it home tonight, she was like WTF as well. lol I couldn't do anything but just nodding at the phone. After she had finished her lecture, she advised me to stay there one night, which was the only option, because another side of the island was getting dark, the rain was coming....

After knowing that, I went to look for help to get us transport or anything, then the heavy rain and strong wind hit me. OH HOLY SHIT now, I rushed back to them, and we went to the hotel where we rented our bicycles (SeaLion Hotel) where it is a stone's throw distance from the jetty, to see if there was any accommodation for the four pathetic us. At the meantime I had not much of cash left, roughly RM30. After working hard to bargain with the lady boss, we managed to get one room with two queen size beds and a toilet for RM80. Million thanks for her kindness! What a day!

So then, under an unprepared situation, we had a rough night. LOL Sweaty body and hell stink hair and without any clean clothes or proper one to change. Except for Jean, she brought an entire set of clothes, smart huh. I'd only brought a singlet and my boyshort. Amanda and Nat nope, nothing. lol 

Then, simply washed up except for the hair, super sticky, itchy and stinky. Under such situation we left with no much of choice, but just went ahead of what we could do. A lot of appreciation to Jean as well, went out few times to get dinner and Nat's lotion, that lotion freak hahahahaha. 

It was a long night, I couldn't sleep well due to that freaking hard and thick pillow, as if my neck was hanging in between the pillow and my shoulders. lol What a night I told myself and great experience. The earliest ferry was 7.45am, so we made sure not to miss this ferry even though the day was still long to have more ferries, but the problem was our hygiene. LOL We need a proper wash. *cry* My skin was super dry despite I brought my Bio-Essence Miracle Water mist, I sprayed countless time to ease away that freaking dryness, yet still not as effective as I thought. It shows that it isn't as moisturizing as I thought, but anyway better than nothing, however this mist works better on my rashes than Avene. haha

Before heading out, let's take a groufie!

Sun Rise babe!



Ticket to home. Our land.

YESH, then we eventually made it safely to KTM and another one and a half hour to KL Sentral. In the KTM, I was mentally and physically exhausted due to little rest, lol. I wanted to sleep, but then I just couldn't do it in public transport. hahaha After interchanged to LRT, got into my mom's car, I know I was HOME.

HOME
HOME
HOME
HOME
HOME!

Bathed properly and feeling clean and fresh. 
That feeling was indescribable! So, all of us learn a lesson. HAHAHAHA My mom kept laughing at me because of our stupidity. ... It might sound stupid and pathetic, but this is not something you can expect to encounter, nor you want to make it into your daily routine. HAHAHA However, the experience itself is priceless, and undergoing this kind of situation with friends is another remarkable memory you want to make with them. After all, it isn't a bad experience, at least we've created new and fresh memory in our lives.

In a nutshell, never go for a one day trip to an island, just decide for 2D1N. Don't take the risk. Unless you want some survival experience. lol Not too hard kind of survival thing, just mainly hygienic problem. My hair was miserable and my skin. lol It was fun, anyway I had another plus +1 for my 19th year! HAHAHA 

Great time spent with adorable people! ;)



That's all for my unexpected 2D1N trip to Crab Island! That's how it went out of the plan.


loveya,

xoxo,

7 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Thank you for sharing. Is the crab island worth it for first timer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are so photogenic and you are so funny...Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four charming girls on a sight-seeing cum adventure trip to Pulau Ketam....such a fine write-up about the Island, backed-up with numerous pictures on what one could expect to see in Pulau Ketam. I enjoyed reading it very much - it is both informative and interesting. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing.I enjoyed reading it.😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why no report on your night there ? What's there to do or go at night ? Any air condition and western toilet in the room ?
    How many restaurants are there ? Any air conditioning cafe ?

    ReplyDelete