Thursday, June 04, 2015

Fine Dining - they say.

Greeting people! I left my blog idle for almost one month! Million apologies to my imaginees! My recent life was too uninteresting, I guess. And it's the second month of the semester, so everything is starting to become very intense and a lot of work to catch up. fml people. 
Yesterday, I was introduced to a fine dining at my college HELP CAT, prepared by the culinary arts students. I wanted to try out their cooking for a long time, since I enrolled the college. lol Finally, I got the chance to bring my taste buds to a test, sounds so serious jiang. nah, not really though. So, Natalie and I went to have a try! :) 

Anyway, let's start!

They served 4 courses, as shown in the picha above. lol

Mocktail.
I kinda like it, because it had soda kind of feeling. so yeah right.

Appetizer - Seared Sea Scallop Truffle Salad with Honey - Lime Dressing.
Okay, to be very honest, they put too many raw onions for this appetizer. I ate one thin strip of raw onion instantly lost my appetite. lol But I like the scallop and the dressing. Just the raw onion is not my thing.

Starter - Cream of Mushroom Soup with French Tuile.
This soup is the best of all four courses, seriously. It was made from real mushrooms *happiness* and I love the creaminess. The taste is nice and the french tuile was also well seasoned with the garlic. I actually wanted to have a second one, but nah moderate Jam, moderate.

After the starter I was feeling a bit full, maybe I drank too much Mocktail. haha

Main Course - Alfredo Fettuccine with Seafood Cream Sauce.
The burnt looking prawn is not presentable but still edible. I like the sauce, not too creamy. The prawn somehow reminded me of mamak cuisine. I don't know how they seasoned the prawns, but they tasted more to Asian flavour. lol Overall, quite okay.

Dessert - Chocolate Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream.
OKAY, this is really bad. The brownies was real damn hard. The taste isn't too bad, just the texture is totally MEH. I even used a knife to eat this thing. (picha below) so sad. So disappointed. Really.

It's just too difficult to eat, so I gave up.

Super full after the dessert, I fee kinda bloated haha. Then I was about to foot the bill, the server told me, tea or coffee. Natalie and I was like, seriously...
So, we opt for tea.

Beverage - Tea
Idk what kind of tea is that, just normal.

Finally, end of our dining! LOL

It is a new experience to have such a fine dining. Luckily the portion they served was not too big, or else I might contribute to another food wastage. lol Although is really simple, it worth every penny of my money because it only costs me RM20 for all this! So, I can't complain too much anyway. :) I know they worked really hard to serve us as well. I saw them cooking and preparing from the big window at the busy kitchen. All the best to them. haha

Anyway, the dishes were okay, except the brownies.

Okay, that's all for my first June post!


take care, loveya'll,
xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment