Thursday, January 14, 2016

Johor Roadtrip Day ONE, 20 December 2015

Hello everyone, I am back with another travel post! After coming back from my Hanoi trip, I had a roadtrip to Johor with my mom, aunts, uncle, cousie and lil sis. Besides, going to Johor, we went for a one day trip to Singapore as well. So stay tuned if you wanna know more about my trip! Basically, this trip was all about eating and eating and eating. hahahaha, my uncle brought us to many places to experience different delicacy. 


First stop was breakfast at Malacca.

宏愿餐厅 located at Jalan Hang Tuah, Melaka.


They are famous for their Nasi Lemak.




Dried fish noodle

Signature KiamC

After having our fulfilling breakfast, we continued our journey to Johor and finally after few hours.... 

Jengggggggg

My aunt bought this in Muar, somewhat like Apam Balik, but the filling was red bean.
It wasn't as good as I expected, because the 'smokey' taste from the cake was too strong. It was supposed to be delicious, but the 'smoke' had cause me to stop eating it. And it lingered in my mouth for quite some time. lol


Then, we had our lunch at a Food Court in Batu Pahat, which is famous for their Nasi Baryani.


Look at the queue.....


The baryani rice

Da chicken

Nasi Baryani Chicken
Surprisingly, it wasn't spicy at all, which is a huge plus for me. And it was quite a satisfying dish.

Mango Glutinous Rice

Kacang Pool Haji which had caught our attention

The toast was good, with the sauce it was kind of a brilliant idea.
The sauce was made with some minced fish and peanuts I guess. It was something new to me.

After having all this delicacies, we headed to the town to have some more

They are well-known for their Kway Chap, which somewhat like BanMee.





A lot of stews..... lol

It was really a hot and sunny day, and a coconut to save the day.

The kway was very smooth and 'slippery', and soup was flavourful too!
Because we had too much in the previous round, so we couldn't try too many specialties.



Look at the beautiful sun tho.

After having so many scrumptious stuff, we headed to Kampung Segenting to visit 石文丁大伯公庙 which is famous for 'fish touching'. There a saying that, after touching the fish in the temple, it will bring good fortune to you.







Yeap the fish mentioned are Arapaima. They are really big and kind of scary to me, but they are very gentle, I guess but still be extra careful. I dared not to touch. hahaha just watching them was enough to bring me good fortune.


As you can see, that time was really sunny and hot....




Then, we headed to Pontian to stay one night before heading to Johor Bahru.


After looking for the hotel to stay, we found Hotel Pontian as our first accommodation, because it was just nearby the sea and the view was breathtaking.

And we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of such beautiful sunset.







After sorting out our stay, we headed to Kukup for seafood dinner.










Overall, the seafood were fresh and well-cooked, but I can't comment too much, as I don't really eat seafood. HAHAHA sorry imaginees.

And that's the first day of my roadtrip.

**Review on Hotel Pontian: I would rate two and a half out of five stars, below average. The room wasn't well-maintained. The lighting was weak and the toilet was okay, and hair dryer wasn't provided, just fyi. Overall, wasn't a comfortable night spent there as the air-conditioner was too noisy, lol. And the breakfast variety was limited, english breakfast, fried mee and rice, coffee and tea, etc... 


So, stay tuned on my next day to Johor Bahru, for more delicacy. After this roadtrip series, I still have an update on my trip to Sekinchan with family! Can't wait to share those awesome photos with you guys!



take care, loveya'll,
xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment