Sunday, April 24, 2016

Anne Elizabeth and Summer at 17°C @Cheras

Hello everybody, I'm back with another food post! I wasn't planning to go out today, but my annoying sister kept asking me "begging" me, showing her pattern to annoy me. So, I gave in and just got my ass out of the house, because the lunch was on my eldest sister's treat, that why my elder sister annoyed me. We had our lunch at Anne Elizabeth, the deli restaurant, which I heard from fb shared post. I was having some high expectation but it doesn't turn out good. 

Anne Elizabeth
1, Jalan Manis 4, Taman Segar, 
56100 Kuala Lumpur, 
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Order drinks and desserts at your table

But the main dishes, order from the "meat counter"

They have few selection of meat, from pork (bacon, shoulder), chicken, lamb, beef (Ribeye), Salmon, to different sausages.
The price/pc for the sausages are vary depends on the flavour (pork cheese, spicy russion, longaniza, hungarian, germany)

Tomato and Mushroom Pasta
The sauce was very watery and not well-seasoned as I thought. Wasn't my kind of tomato pasta.

Spicy Bacon Aglio Olio
I guess it's lacking some flavour and too spicy to my taste.

Sitting beside the "window", taking advantage of good lighting to snap some good photo. lol

Sausages (Pork Cheese, Spicy Russian, Longaniza, Hungarian, Farmer Bratwurst Germany);
Pork Shoulder and Chicken Whole Leg
You can order side dishes, but we didn't.
I guess, the flavours were quite blunt and lacking some other flavours from the meat itself. The chicken wasn't well-seasoned and sausages are not my that kind of sausages I expected. Oh, the pork just normal. 

Banana Crème brûlée
I was expecting the banana in the creme not on the top. Okay, maybe I was expecting too much. 

It was quite crowded when we arrived around lunch hour, of course, lunch hour during weekends. hahaha The restaurant is not very spacious, and the duration for the dishes to arrive was quite long, perhaps due to the crowd. I was kind of disappointed, as I was having high hope for them, and it didn't turn out as good as I thought. But the concept is new and interesting, where you can see the raw ingredients of your dishes. Overall, it was just okay, kind of overrated and overpriced as for the quality of food, but can give it a try if you like meat. ;)


Summer at 17°C
A-G-1, Connaught Avenue, Jalan 9, 
Taman Bukit Cheras (Opposite Econsave Len Sen), 
56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

There is a newly opened cafe, Summer at 17°C cafe, in Cheras area, nearby the Beary Potter Cafe. To be honest, we were planning to go to Beary Potter yet we weren't entertained by the people there, so we left. lol Quite disappointed by them, sad, even though I wasn't planning to have pancakes, just the first impression ruined. So we opted for Summer at 17°C to give it a try, 


The interior is quite minimal and spacious, and quite comfortable. *impressed by this wall painting*


Flat White

Milo Dinosaur

Kaya Toast
Was having some high expectation, because I had some really good one from Nutmeg.

Vanilla Crepe

To my dismay, the texture of the cakes were quite rough and dry. The milo one was the real disappointment, the taste was just not up to my expectation, which tasted like cheap choc. Overall, the desserts are no-no for now. But, the environment is really great! :D
Hopefully there are some improvements made by the cafe, since they are still new. And mostly because I really hope there are some good cafes in Cheras area, hahahaha.
*Found out that they have updated their menus! I will try to update the latest version asap!*

That's all for my Sunday food hunt! Hope you like it, and find it informative. 



take care, loveya'll,
xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment