Monday, April 11, 2016

Wild Sheep Chase, Yellow Brick Road and Haraju Cube. - Food is my bestfriend.

I'm back with another foodie post! YESH, I'm not kidding or whatever. Happiness is here, the food. I've visited three nice modern cafe, bistro or whatever you wanna call them, as long as they serve food. lol So let's get started. 

Wild Sheep Chase
1, Desa Business Park, 6, Jalan 1/109e, 
Taman Desa, 58100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan.

Visited this cafe to celebrate Amanda's birthday, it was her idea anyway. I know this cafe from the news, as it's inspired by the novel from Murakami. The cafe interior is really simple, and filled with natural lighting which is loved by instagramers, snapchatters, or whoever loves the photograph food and human. But, so sorry for not getting those beautiful photos for you to take a glimpse, so why no visit the cafe to experience it yourself? haha 

Smoked Salmon Sandwich, served with saute vege and scrumbble egg.
Overall, was okay, the smoked salmon wasn't too salty to my liking, and I like the well-seasoned saute tho. haha

Iced Earl Grey Milk Tea

Souffle, vanilla served with maple syrup and sorbet.
It's their signature dessert, souffles. I would say okay, it tasted like steamed eggs and the texture as well. haha



Midori's Heart, green tea fondant.
It was kind of disappointed, because I am greentea lover, but this wasn't up to my expectation. As the green tea wasn't that aromatic as I thought, and it had a thick green tea taste close to a bitterness. Ahhh, Idk how to explain that feeling. hahaha

Fake candid by Amanda. lol

With these two hoomans, abnormal as usual.


I like this candid alot, credit: me. hahaha



Excuse my awkward hand. haha

The menu is quite limited, four desserts (souffles, waffles, choc and greent tea fondants), two main courses, coffee and teas. It's best for light meal and high tea. lol The ambience of the cafe was nice, once it gets crowded can be a little noisy, something inevitable. Overall, quite okay for me, but not a must-go place, but interested can try their desserts. :)


Yellow Brick Road
7, Jalan Batai, Bukit Damansara, 
50490 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan.

Then, the next day had my breakfast at Yellow Brick Road which I've heard of it many times, yet to try it. And finally the time had come. Who doesn't love good food?! It was quite crowded, went there before 12pm I guess, and queued for 20 minutes or so. The queue can go crazy sometimes, so be prepared for that. Honestly, I don't really like to queue for food, but if it's worth it, I'll give a try as I've heard some good feedback from my sisters. 

Big Breakfast, served in pan.

Pulled Beef Benedict
Definitely recommend this to benedict lovers, served with thai spice sauce and the beef was awesome. Found some good benedict, other than smoked salmon.

I wanna be Kaya, french toast.

Peter Pandan, pancake served with shredded cempedak flesh, vanilla ice-cream and maple syrup.
Interesting combination, the taste was okay.

// Beverages were so-so, recommend their Chai Milk Tea, comes with a hint of spice surprisingly -heart-warming.

I would recommend it for sure, and revisit if I have the chance. haha Food good was served, but the service was quite disappointing, perhaps due to the crowd, but the food worth visiting. The ambience can be a little noisy tho, the crowd again haha. 


Haraju Cube 
103 Level 1, Empire Damansara, 
Damansara Perdana, Jalan PJU 8/8, 
47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

I've heard about this Haraju Cude for a good long time, and I have no chance to try it out and gratefully with the generosity of my sister and cousie, me and my lil sister can eventually try it out. We went there after lunch hour, fortunately there wasn't a long queue yet the cafe was quite packed. They have limited space as well, the interior was simple and cozy.

Juice 
(Forget the name of it, lol)

Kuromitsu Latte, aka Greentea Latte
The one behind is not include in the beverage. HAHAHAHA

Cafe Latte

Haraju Tart, served with blueberry/strawberry sauce.
This tart is awesome. The creaminess from the cheese was heavenly good, and the tart crust was perfect match with the cheese filling. The little sweetness from the berry sauce added a lot of flavours to the entire presentation. RECOMMEND. 

Fruittition
I would say okay, was quite disappointed tho. I expected more from the toast, it was quite tasteless, the butter spread wasn't as good as I thought. Even though can drizzle some honey to taste, but I prefer not as I want to taste the original toast, but meh. The only bonus was the humongous scope of ice-cream. lol

While waiting for the toast to arrive.

I might not revisit, considering the main attention is the toast, and the coffee was so-so, but the tart is good, strongly recommend to those who like creamy cheese tart.


So, that's all for today's foodie update. Hope you enjoy my post and find it helpful, and give them a try!


// I'm gaining a lot of weight these days, I just can't help myself from stopping eating. lol And getting lazier to work out, fml so much. hahahaha Help me.


take care, loveya'll,
xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment